Phase IV Wireless Thermocouple Temperature Sensor – Leap Sensors
This Leap wireless sensor has a standard mini thermocouple connectors that can connect to any thermocouple. (Standard products comes with K-Type thermocouples.) Other thermocouple types are also available – type-B, type-S, etc.
Because thermocouples can be used over a wide temperature range and thermocouples come in a huge range of probe types, this sensor addresses many industrial applications – and is one of our most popular industrial wireless sensors.
This highly versatile industrial sensor supports a huge variety of plug-in thermocouple temperature sensors.
Standard version uses K-Type thermocouples. All other types are also available.
Overall Temperature Accuracy
Please note that the overall temperature accuracy is a combination of the electronics and the thermocouple that is connected to the Leap Sensor. Since the thermocouple is typically selected by the end-user, an overall accuracy of the final system cannot be stated. Below is information on the accuracy of the Leap Electronics and additional general information on the accuracy of thermocouples.
Thermocouples are popular in many industrial applications due to their wide variety and wide temperature range. They are not highly accurate and are typically used for monitoring applications and not for precision temperature measurements. For higher accuracy temperature measurements, see the Leap RTD temperature sensors.
Thermocouple Electronics Specification
- Electronics reads from
- K-Type: -150C to 1300C*.
- S-Type: -10C to 1600C
- B-Type: -300 to 1800C
- Other types – contact us
- Resolution is 19-bit or 0.0078125C.
- Electronics accuracy is:
- Typical: +/- 2C from -150C to 200C
- Typical: +/- 1% of full scale from 200C to 1300C.
Standard K-Type Thermocouple Sensor Specifications
Other thermocouple types are available.
- Connect a K-type thermocouples using standard miniature flat pin connectors. (See photos.)
- Connectors come with protective rubber boot.
- Sensors come with basic insulated thermocouples.
- Select your own thermocouple from a huge variety of options.
- Thermocouples have different temperature ratings – but different versions can operate in the range of –454 to 2,300F (–270 to 1260C).
- The Leap Sensor transmitter module (electronics, enclosure, and battery) can operate up to 85C, or 120C by special order.
- Electronics set for K thermocouple range of -150C to 100C (-238F to 2372)F.
- Standard Type K Accuracy
- Leap Sensor Thermocouples are compensated for non-linear thermocouple characteristics at cold temperatures – to ensure accurate readings at cold temperatures.
- Cold junction compensation is on the Leap Sensor circuit board.